What is GD (General Diary)? How to do it?
Definition: GD came from the English word General Diary. It a register to record 24 hours. It’s a diary of 200 pages, and everything is taken down in this diary, that are happening within 24 hours at the Police Station. Every day it starts from morning at 8 a.m. and closed in the next day at 8 a.m. in 24 hours. If you want to learn more, you can visit this site.
Importance of GD
It has its loyal value and a case can be started, depend on a GD. A GD is acceptable in court as witness if needed as well as started.
GD of kinds: Such as-
- Committed Crimes GD, that must have to investigate after including
- Non-Committed Crimes GD, that need permission from court to investigate.
- Food, crops, flood, disaster and for other occurrences only diary are required, it doesn’t require any investigation.
Why and When
If you have lost your deed, document, passport, checkbook, debit card/credit card and other important papers that can cause any harm to you and you need to withdraw again, facing any threats from persons, recruitment or disappearance of any person (child/old/worker), endangered in any accident, Eve teasing and for another reason you can make a General Diary in a police station.
How to lodge GD
GD is received by the duty officer of the police station and kept under the Officer-in-charge of the police station. To lodge a GD, follow the instructions given below:
- Such as compose 2 copies of application. If not possible, write it in hand.
- Confirm your signature in both applications.
- Go to the police station, and let the officer know about your presence and lodge it. Moreover put your current address on it to lodge.
- Go to the Officer-in-charge, tell him that you want to lodge a GD and hand over 2 copies of application to him.
- If your applications seem ok to the officer, he will write a general dairy and put off his signature and seals on the both applications.
- If you are not able to write or hadn’t any idea about writing a GD. You can get help from the relevant members of police in the police station.
GD is now easy to lodge within time on online. You can lodge GD without going police station sitting at home. Recently, Dhaka Metropolitan Police launched out the online service to prepare General Diary (GD). But it is limited only for the citizens of Dhaka. Later this service will be provided in all districts. So that, all citizens can get this great opportunity.
Currently below the services Bangladesh Police is giving through online:
- Information on Eve Teasing
- On Snatching
- Information about loss/theft of certificate, ID and documents
- Night Guard, Guard, Servant, Caretaker
- About new/old tenants
- Expatriate Problems/Complains
- Victim Information
If you face any kind of victims, crimes, the danger that have been discussed above, you can get in touch with the nearest police station. Fill up your application form online if you are living near the Dhaka city.
Finally, If you have need help, you may ask any related question on the comments box so that we can reply. Your engagement on this post